A simple shellfish recipe
Make and share this Steamed Mussels With Wine and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Place the wine, herbs and garlic in an extra large saucepan then pile in the mussels.
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the mussels have steamed open.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to individual serving bowls discarding any that have not opened.
- Strain juice to remove any broken bits of shell, herb stalks and any little crabs which might have been trapped inside.
- Return juice to pan and bring to boil.
- Allow to reduce then stir in cream and seasonings.
- Spoon this sauce over the mussels and serve with crusty bread.