Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups vertically sliced onions (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 3⁄4 lbs small mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, shallots, thyme, garlic, and bay leaf; sauté 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add wine; uncover and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. A.
- dd mussels, juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until the mussels open; discard any unopened shells and bay leaf.
- Serve with pan juices; sprinkle with parsley.
Awesome, quick, impressionable. Will most definitely make again.