Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ristra restaurant, Santa Fe, NM. From Bon Appetit, June 1998.
Make and share this Steamed Mussels With Chipotles and Coconut Milk recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, peeled, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 396.89 g light unsweetened coconut milk
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 44.37 ml garlic, chopped
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 7.39 ml chipotle peppers, drained, chopped
- 1020.58 g mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and saute until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, stock, wine and garlic; boil over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in mint, cilantro and chilies.
- Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Transfer mussels and broth to large bowl and serve.