Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ristra restaurant, Santa Fe, NM. From Bon Appetit, June 1998.
Make and share this Steamed Mussels With Chipotles and Coconut Milk recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, peeled, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 396.89 g light unsweetened coconut milk
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 44.37 ml garlic, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 7.39 ml chipotle peppers, drained, chopped
- 1020.58 g mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and saute until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, stock, wine and garlic; boil over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in mint, cilantro and chilies.
- Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Transfer mussels and broth to large bowl and serve.