Ristra restaurant, Santa Fe, NM. From Bon Appetit, June 1998.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 14 ounces light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle peppers, drained, chopped
- 2 1/4 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, carrot and celery and saute until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in coconut milk, stock, wine and garlic; boil over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in mint, cilantro and chilies.
- 5Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- 6Transfer mussels and broth to large bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Mussels With Chipotles and Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 572.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 23.5 g