Recipe by pesce_gurl
This is the only way I will make mussels from here on out! I'm a lush so anything cooked in wine agrees with me!
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallots or 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 lbs mussels, well scrubbed
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup water
- generous dash crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan or stockpot, heat Italian dressing and cook shallots over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered 4 minutes or until mussel shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
- Serve if desired with Italian or French bread.