Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious maritime muscles
Make and share this Steamed Mussels recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot combine spaghetti sauce, wine, garlic and bay leaf.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Add the fresh muscles and steam until they have opened- this takes approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Discard any muscles that did not open.
- Serve with a baguette or any form of bread for absorbing the sauce.
I feel that the ingredients need to be reduced prior to adding the mussels, possibly as much as 5 - 10 minutes at a good boil, then add the mussels, The flavors were there but they needed to be developed more.~~ Nice Recipe! ~~
This recipe was sooooo easy. I added some onion to the sauce.... I added some parsley & basil when I added the mussels.. My husband said it was the best sauce he had ever tasted and will have some crusty bread to mop up the remaining sauce tomorrow. Can't wait to make it again
Mmmmm! The bay leaf, wine and garlic went together perfectly and made a fantastic dish. I actually used mussel meat instead of of shelled because I live overseas currently and it's the closest I could find. It went great over pasta! Thanks SEvans!