Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A dish I learned in Thailand--it's a bit different but healthier than fried cakes.
- 250 g ground pork
- 180 g minced chicken
- 170 g can crabmeat, drained
- 59.14 ml coconut milk
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 2.46 ml palm sugar
- 1.23 ml cracked black peppercorns
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 small green cucumbers, chopped
- 473.18 ml bean sprouts
- 2 small red peppers, chopped
- Blend or process pork, chicken, crab, coconut milk, spring onions, coriander lemon grass garlic and sauce, sugar and peppercorns until combined;transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Beat egg whites with 1 of the egg yolks in a small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy, fold into pork mixture.
- Spoon pork mixture into 6 (1/2 cup capacity) ungreased bowls, press in firmly, smooth tops.
- Brush tops with remaining egg yolk.
- Just before serving place the bowls in a bamboo steamer, cook covered over boiling water for about 20 minutes or until cooked through; cool.
- Turn out cups and cut into wedges.
- Serve over combined cucumber sprouts and peppers.
- Can have chili jam or sauce on the side.