A dish I learned in Thailand--it's a bit different but healthier than fried cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g ground pork
- 180 g minced chicken
- 1 (170 g) can crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 small green cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 small red peppers, chopped
- 1Blend or process pork, chicken, crab, coconut milk, spring onions, coriander lemon grass garlic and sauce, sugar and peppercorns until combined;transfer mixture to a bowl.
- 2Beat egg whites with 1 of the egg yolks in a small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy, fold into pork mixture.
- 3Spoon pork mixture into 6 (1/2 cup capacity) ungreased bowls, press in firmly, smooth tops.
- 4Brush tops with remaining egg yolk.
- 5Just before serving place the bowls in a bamboo steamer, cook covered over boiling water for about 20 minutes or until cooked through; cool.
- 6Turn out cups and cut into wedges.
- 7Serve over combined cucumber sprouts and peppers.
- 8Can have chili jam or sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Mince Pork, Chicken and Crab Cups
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 126.4 mg
- Sodium 786.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: