Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Same version as the other Filipino sponge cake, except less eggs and steamed instead of baked. Quick recap: Filipino sponge cake is a buttery sweet version of American sponge cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup sugar
- Cream salt with yolks and add sugar slowly until consumed.
- Combine milk and water. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well. Add vanilla. Mix some more.
- Beat egg white and fold with the batter.
- Pour into ungreased muffin pan. Steam for 15 - 20 minutes.
Did not come out soft and spongy. Cake rises but when taken out, it fell flat and tastes too much of eggs. Does not tastes like Filipino steamed cake.