Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From our local radio station
- 11 ounces brown lentils or 11 ounces green lentils
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices prosciutto, cut in small stripes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Rinse the lentils well.
- Heat the vegetable stock in a small pot.
- Meanwhile, in a different medium pot heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, 5 to 8 minutes, then add the prosciutto and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the lentils, cook for another 2-3 minutes, and pour the white wine.
- Add the saffron and cook until the alcohol has evaporated, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the stock, salt to taste, and cook over low heat for 50 minutes to 1 hour, covered.
- Add water or more stock if necessary.
3 cheers for your radio station! This is a yummy dish & simple to prepare. Made for ZWT5 '09.