Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from the Vegan Coach blog.
- Sort through dry lentils to look for stones or other debris.
- Put sorted lentils in a large bowl and cover with water (8 cups or so).
- Soak lentils for 8-12 hours.
- Drain the water, rinse the lentils, and drain again.
- Using an electric steamer with a rice bowl (e.g. Oster brand), fill the water reservoir to the "max" or "full" line.
- Add lentils plus 2 cups water to the rice bowl.
- Assemble your steamer for cooking rice per the directions on the steamer.
- Steam the lentils for about 60 minutes.
- Turn off the steamer and allow the lentils to rest for 10 minutes.
- Season as desired and serve.
- Makes (4) 1/2 cup servings or (8) 1/4 cup servings.