Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and healthy taste of the islands!
Make and share this Steamed Jerk Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 habanero pepper, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- Combine the onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame oil, garlic, allspice and habanero pepper in the container of a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place the chicken into a large Zip N Steam bag, and pour in 3/4 of the sauce. Squeeze out excess air, and seal. (If you want to marinate, you can place the bag in the refrigerator for at least one hour, but it is not necessary)
- Steam chicken for 10 to 15 minutes, shaking at least once to ensure even cooking.
- Heat remaining sauce in a small pan, and pour over chicken when serving.