Recipe by Girl from India
From the Family Circle cookbook. Yummy!
Top Review by PaulaG
I used light blackberry preserves instead of the strawberry jam. I cooked it at 350 degrees since the temperature was not included. It was done in one hour. Instead of greasing the bowl, I used non-stick cooking spary and it came right out. Hubby liked it and helped with the rating. Thanks so much.
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam (or any other jam of choice)
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a pudding bowl. Spread the jam in the base of the bowl.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg beaten well and mix until smooth.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder and add it inches.
- Stir in the milk too and mix well. Pour this mixture gently over the jam in the bowl.
- Cover and seal the bowl with foil and steam in pan filled with 2 cups of boiling water for an hour.
- Check periodically to see that the water at the base has not dried up and top with boiling water if required.
- (I use my pressure cooker and the containers it comes with and simmer for 45 minutes after the first whistle).
- Run a knife along the edge of the pudding and invert into serving platter.