1/2 Photos of Steamed Jam Pudding
1 hr 20 mins
This has been my husband's favourite dessert since he was a small child. Use the jam of your choice. We love plum jam and I tend to double the quantity of jam. The texture is similar to a warm cake. Delicious with ice-cream and/or cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a pudding steamer or basin (8 cup capacity).
- 2Spoon jam into the based of the steamer.
- 3Beat butter, essence and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, beat in eggs 1 at a time, beat until combined.
- 4Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in sifted flour and milk in 2 batches.
- 5Spread mixture into steamer, cover with greased foil, secure with string or lid.
- 6Place steamer in large saucepan with enough boiling water to come half way up the side of steamer; boil, covered, about 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Replenish water as necessary.
- 7When cooked, run a knife around the edge and then invert carefully onto a large plate. The jam will spill over the entire pudding and look very pretty.
- 8Slice and serve with custard, cream or ice-cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Jam Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g