Recipe by HeatherFeather
This recipe is a copycat of one served at Trilogy restauran in California. Adapted from "CA Wine Country Cooking Secrets." I haven't tried this yet. Recipe requires knowledge of how to use a steamer.
Top Review by JustJanS
We had this on Ling, as I've never ever seen Halibut, and I love Ling. I don't know if it is too delicate a fish, but we felt the paste completely overshadowed the fishes flavour. This is a simple, quick recipe, and maybe on Halibut it would be better. Mianbao is right too, garlic chives would be an improvement as it is quite a bland looking dish. Sorry Heather as you did tell us you hadn't made it.
- 1 stalk lemongrass (remove tough outer husk and root end)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 halibut fillets (or Monkfish or Salmon)