Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Obviously you can use whatever greens or veggies you prefer here - the sauce and the toasted almonds make this a royal dish!! It's incredibly healthy and incredibly yummy - perfect for after the gym when you really don't want anything heavy. I often just eat this with nothing else - but if I'm more hungry, with dahl or naan bread. Also makes a great unusual veg dish for dinner parties.
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 12 asparagus spears
- 250 g broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 4cm lengths
- 150 g baby beans
- 100 g snow peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat a small non stick fry pan over medium heat. Add almonds and toss for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Place asparagus, broccoli, zucchini and beans in a steamer and steam for 5 minutes, add snow peas for a further minute or until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss gently with oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Scatter with almonds and serve immediately.
OUTSTANDING! This is really a great combo of green vegetables & with the toasted almonds, well . . . ! I did include a bit more of the sliced almonds then included in the recipe! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]
Delicious! This was a hit with my family. It got five thumbs up!! Easy to make and healthy too.