1 hr 5 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This shrimp has a wonderful flavor! This is a recipe I adapted from Nina Simonds' book "A Spoonful of Ginger". Prep time includes marinading time. ***Note: there is 2 tablespoons of ginger in this recipe. If ginger is not to your taste, then I suggest you move along :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 tablespoons rice wine or 3 1/2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced green onions, white part only
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 5 -6 leaves blanched cabbage
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1Combine wine, ginger, onions, soy sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl.
- 2Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- 3Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Heat 1 inch of water to boil in a large pot.
- 5Line steamer tray with blanched cabbage leaves.
- 6Arrange shrimp on top, letting marinade cling to them.
- 7Carefully lower steamer tray over boiling water; cover.
- 8Steam 3-5 minutes, depending on size.
- 9Heat broth and cilantro to boil in a small saucepan.
- 10Place shrimp in serving bowl.
- 11Pour hot broth over shrimp.
- 12*Toblanch cabbage leaves, drop in boiling water for about 10 seconds, then rinse under cold water.
- 13Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Ginger Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 459.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g