Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water, cold
- 1 teaspoon ginger, Finely grated
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, chopped
- Wash rice in several of changes of water until the water runs clear.
- Place rice in a 3 quart saucepan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add water and grated ginger.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Reduce heat slightly but continue to cook uncovered until surface water disappears and holes appear in the surface of the rice.
- Cover tightly, turn heat very low and cook 20 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cover.
- Cook 2 minutes longer then remove from heat and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir gently to combine rice with snow peas.
This was so easy. And a fabulous side dish for our Thai dinner.