Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Fragrant, delicate ... and tasty
Make and share this Steamed Ginger Garlic Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- chopped fresh coriander
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Cut into 4 to 6 pieces.
- In medium bowl, whisk together mirim, soy sauce, ginger, honey, hot sauce, garlic and onion.
- Add salmon.
- Turn to coat both sides.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Reserving marinade, place salmon in large steamer basket or bamboo steamer above boiling water in pot or wok.
- Cover and steam 8 minutes (or until fish flakes easily and interior is opaque.) Meanwhile, strain marinade into a small pot, discarding solids.
- Bring to boil over high heat and boil for 30 seconds.
- Place salmon onto serving plates and drizzle with marinade.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Very good. We do not usually like steamed or poached salmon as well as we like it grilled or broiled, but we would make this again. I doubled the amounts for the marinade so we would have a little extra sauce. Served with fresh steamed asparagus and steamed rice (made with grated carrot and grated onion.
Excellent! The hot sauce is what intrigued me about this recipe and the hot sauce is what makes this recipe... it is tangy, a little sweet and has a kicking zing from the hot pepper sauce that is complimented by the zip from the ginger and bite from the garlic. I served this dish with steamed edamame, julienned carrots and brown rice and sprinkled the lot with raw green onion slices and coriander. I think that this marinade would also be great for tofu; marinate, drain then grill or saute. A winner in my book!
One of my favorite recipes for salmon. I use a black and decker flavor scenter steamer that sets with a timer rather than the bamboo setup. Impressive and delicious! Helped me get over my fear of messing up such a pricy cut of fish.