Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like mussels you will love these. I made this up from a couple of recipes.
- 2 kg medium black mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 red Thai chile, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- Scrub mussels remove beards.
- Heat oil in large saucepan, cook garlic, chili and rind stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add mussels, juice and wine, bring to boil.
- Cook covered about 5 minutes until mussels open.
- (discard any that do not open) Remove mussels from pan, Bring pan liquid to boil; cook, uncovered about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stir in basil and parsley.
- Return mussels to pan and simmer until heated through.
- Have some crusty bread to wipe up the liquid.
Hey Girl friend! This was great and I believe you can see this review. It`s great to have your recipes and enjoy them and think of you. Rest in Peace. Hope you`re enjoying your wine! ;) Oh as for the review this is great, easy and spicy. How can you go wrong there is garlic and peppers lemon and fresh parsley and basil to brighten up this dish! A must for mussel lovers!!!!
Turned out wonderful. Everyone thought is was great. Thanks.
Outstanding!! Simple and TASTY!!! Thank you for sharing this restaurant worthy recipe!! DH and I ate every bite!!