1/3 Photos of Steamed Fresh Mussels in a Creamy Broth
Fresh Steamed Mussels with garlic....mmmmm! These are very simple to make and have a wonderful flavour and aroma. From the BeautyFood Cookbook. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the mussels, scrubbing them thoroughly and carefully removing any attached hairy filaments.
- 2Discard any shells that are open!
- 3Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- 4Trim and wash the celery and cut into slices.
- 5In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 6Add the onion, and saute until translucent.
- 7Add the celery and sautee briefly.
- 8Peel and crush the garlic and add it to the skillet.
- 9Add the mussels and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- 10Cover tightly and cook for about 8 minutes.
- 11Remove the mussels when all the shells have opened and keep warm.
- 12Pass the liquid through a fine strainer into a clean saucepan.
- 13Cook over high heat until reduced to about 1/3 of original volume.
- 14Stir in the Sour Cream and just heat through.
- 15Season with salt and pepper.
- 16Wash and shake dry the parsley, remove the leaves from the stalks and chop the leaves finely.
- 17Sprinkle the parsley over the sauce.
- 18Place mussels in sauce and serve hot with crusty bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Fresh Mussels in a Creamy Broth
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 1363.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 56.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: