Recipe by ~Leslie~
Fresh Steamed Mussels with garlic....mmmmm! These are very simple to make and have a wonderful flavour and aroma. From the BeautyFood Cookbook. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1 onion
- 1 -2 celery rib
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- crusty bread, for accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the mussels, scrubbing them thoroughly and carefully removing any attached hairy filaments.
- Discard any shells that are open!
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- Trim and wash the celery and cut into slices.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and saute until translucent.
- Add the celery and sautee briefly.
- Peel and crush the garlic and add it to the skillet.
- Add the mussels and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the mussels when all the shells have opened and keep warm.
- Pass the liquid through a fine strainer into a clean saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until reduced to about 1/3 of original volume.
- Stir in the Sour Cream and just heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and shake dry the parsley, remove the leaves from the stalks and chop the leaves finely.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the sauce.
- Place mussels in sauce and serve hot with crusty bread for dipping.