Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe created so my hubby could eat it with the family. I haven't found a recipe like it using fish and some of the other ingredients. Use any firm whitefish.
- 283.49-340.19 g cooked egg noodles
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g pollock fillets or 907.18 g blue hake fillets or 907.18 g mahi mahi fillets
- 9.85 ml sea salt
- 9.85 ml lemon pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 354.88 ml water
- 2.46 ml dried dill weed
- 14.79 ml white sugar or 14.79 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 473.18 ml diced onions (optional)
- 946.36 ml sliced fresh mushrooms or 946.36 ml canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced in rings (optional)
- roma tomato, slices (optional)
- After egg noodles are drained and rinsed, toss with 1 tblsp olive oil to prevent sticking together. Set aside.Keep warm in oven.
- In deep wide frying pan, add olive oil, lemon juice, water,dill weed and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut fish into individual servings and sprinkle with sea salt and lemon pepper.
- Place in the simmering liquid.Cover Turn once after 8 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 cup white wine.
- Turn heat low and cook another 5 minutes.
- Gently remove fish from pan and set aside.Keep warm in oven.
- Add diced onions, mushrooms and garlic to remaining liquid. Add remaining white wine. Uncover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat and cover.
- Right before serving, turn heat to medium level, add sour cream and mix in gently with the onions and mushrooms.
- Place noodles on a large platter in a large circle. Pour onions,mushrooms and sauce in the middle and drizzle across the noodles.
- Place the fish on top.
- Garnish with green pepper rings.
- Garnish with Roma tomato slices.