Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a recipe created so my hubby could eat it with the family. I haven't found a recipe like it using fish and some of the other ingredients. Use any firm whitefish.
- 10 -12 ounces cooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs pollock fillets or 2 lbs blue hake fillets or 2 lbs mahi mahi fillets
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon white sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups diced onions (optional)
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms or 4 cups canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced in rings (optional)
- roma tomato, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After egg noodles are drained and rinsed, toss with 1 tblsp olive oil to prevent sticking together. Set aside.Keep warm in oven.
- In deep wide frying pan, add olive oil, lemon juice, water,dill weed and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut fish into individual servings and sprinkle with sea salt and lemon pepper.
- Place in the simmering liquid.Cover Turn once after 8 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 cup white wine.
- Turn heat low and cook another 5 minutes.
- Gently remove fish from pan and set aside.Keep warm in oven.
- Add diced onions, mushrooms and garlic to remaining liquid. Add remaining white wine. Uncover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat and cover.
- Right before serving, turn heat to medium level, add sour cream and mix in gently with the onions and mushrooms.
- Place noodles on a large platter in a large circle. Pour onions,mushrooms and sauce in the middle and drizzle across the noodles.
- Place the fish on top.
- Garnish with green pepper rings.
- Garnish with Roma tomato slices.