Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a recipe created so my hubby could eat it with the family. I haven't found a recipe like it using fish and some of the other ingredients. Use any firm whitefish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 ounces cooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs pollock fillets or 2 lbs blue hake fillets or 2 lbs mahi mahi fillets
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon white sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups diced onions (optional)
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms or 4 cups canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced in rings (optional)
- roma tomato, slices (optional)
- 1After egg noodles are drained and rinsed, toss with 1 tblsp olive oil to prevent sticking together. Set aside.Keep warm in oven.
- 2In deep wide frying pan, add olive oil, lemon juice, water,dill weed and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- 3Cut fish into individual servings and sprinkle with sea salt and lemon pepper.
- 4Place in the simmering liquid.Cover Turn once after 8 minutes.
- 5Add the 1/2 cup white wine.
- 6Turn heat low and cook another 5 minutes.
- 7Gently remove fish from pan and set aside.Keep warm in oven.
- 8Add diced onions, mushrooms and garlic to remaining liquid. Add remaining white wine. Uncover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat and cover.
- 9Right before serving, turn heat to medium level, add sour cream and mix in gently with the onions and mushrooms.
- 10Place noodles on a large platter in a large circle. Pour onions,mushrooms and sauce in the middle and drizzle across the noodles.
- 11Place the fish on top.
- 12Garnish with green pepper rings.
- 13Garnish with Roma tomato slices.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Fish With White Cream Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.2
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.8 mg
- Sodium 954.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: