Recipe by Latchy
This is a popular Thai dish. It is a good healthy dish and the whiskey does make it better
Top Review by Chrissyo
Oh this one truly delicious!!!!! It is the classic saying in cooking, "Simple and fresh ingredients make a meal fit for a King". This was so easy to prepare. The flavourings went right through the fish. I used the whiskey. I served it with rice and steamed Asian greens.
- 1 butterfish or 1 other flat fish, scored 2 to 3 times
- 1 oyster mushrooms or 1 field mushroom, sliced
- 1 inch ginger, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 inches pickled cabbage, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (optional)
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the prepared fish on to a plate slightly larger than itself, which will fit into your steamer (or you could put it into a large saucepan on an inverted saucer).
- Place all the remaining ingredients except the garnish on top of the fish; put in steamer and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with coriander.