Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a popular Thai dish. It is a good healthy dish and the whiskey does make it better
- 1 butterfish or 1 other flat fish, scored 2 to 3 times
- 1 oyster mushrooms or 1 field mushroom, sliced
- 1 inch ginger, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 inches pickled cabbage, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (optional)
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Put the prepared fish on to a plate slightly larger than itself, which will fit into your steamer (or you could put it into a large saucepan on an inverted saucer).
- Place all the remaining ingredients except the garnish on top of the fish; put in steamer and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with coriander.
Oh this one truly delicious!!!!! It is the classic saying in cooking, "Simple and fresh ingredients make a meal fit for a King". This was so easy to prepare. The flavourings went right through the fish. I used the whiskey. I served it with rice and steamed Asian greens.