Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adopted Recipe! This is very good, I made no changes to the recipe. And the sauce is key and very good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, Slivered
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Rinse fish and pierce in several placed with a skewer or sharp knife.
- Place in a shallow microwaveable dish (if using 2 fish, arrange about 1 inch apart with thicker sides towards outer edges of dish).
- Put half the ginger and green onions inside fish.
- Pour sherry over and cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Combine sauce ingredients in small microwaveable dish or measure.
- Set aside.
- Microwave fish at high for 6 to 8 minutes per lb or until fish flakes easily with a fork and is tender.
- Rotate dish if necessary during cooking.
This is safe and easy - you won't go wrong with this if you like fish. I used a whole white pomfret (about 1kg) and added a pinch of rosemary as well. In fact I didn't even prepare the sauce, and it still tasted good.