Recipe by CJAY
This is from the Diana Liu cookbook. I've made this several times and we love it. Hope you do too!
- 1 (2 lb) whole perch or 1 (2 lb) rock cod fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons preserved black beans
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 4 slices ginger, 1-inch x 2-inch shredded
- 4 large dried Chinese mushrooms, prepared and cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean fish and wipe dry.
- Rub fish with salt and sherry (inside and outside); place on a large platter.
- Mash salted black beans with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Spread mixture over fish.
- Arrange green onions, shredded ginger and mushroom strips on top of fish.
- Place platter on top of rack in steamer.
- Steam fish for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve hot as part of a chinese meal.
- Note: dried mushrooms are soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes, squeezed dry, stems removed and sliced.