Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Diana Liu cookbook. I've made this several times and we love it. Hope you do too!
Make and share this Steamed Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 lb) whole perch or 1 (2 lb) rock cod fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons preserved black beans
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 4 slices ginger, 1-inch x 2-inch shredded
- 4 large dried Chinese mushrooms, prepared and cut into strips
- Clean fish and wipe dry.
- Rub fish with salt and sherry (inside and outside); place on a large platter.
- Mash salted black beans with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Spread mixture over fish.
- Arrange green onions, shredded ginger and mushroom strips on top of fish.
- Place platter on top of rack in steamer.
- Steam fish for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve hot as part of a chinese meal.
- Note: dried mushrooms are soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes, squeezed dry, stems removed and sliced.