Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe created by Suzanne Goin from the April, 2003 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. Have not tried this recipe but it looked and sounded so good I thought I would post it and share. Had to guestimate the time it takes to prepare.
- 2 lbs tiny fingerling potatoes, well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche, plus
- additional creme fraiche, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, coarsely chopped (Opal is preferred)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- chives (to garnish)
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket over 1" simmering water. Cover and steam until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mash half of the potatoes with a potato masher or ricer.
- Add remaining potatoes, butter, creme fraiche, fleur de sel (or kosher salt) and pepper.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with creme fraiche, basil and chives.
- *Fleur de Sel is available online at chefsshop.com or at specialty food markets. It is sea salt.
Had the last few fingerlings, and DH was using the oven. Made about 1/2 recipe - no creme fraiche, but small amount of sour cream did fine. FROST finally killed my herbs (in Feb!) - but dried, worked well. Will make this again when I have all fresh ingredients. Thanks, DiScharf