Recipe by kolibri
This is a Sunday dish - rich and earty, wonderful combination of flavours. The recipe is from the London fish restaurant called Livebait.
- 250 g fennel
- 1 orange
- 75 ml sour cream
- 4 sole fillets, bigger the better
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the fennel very finely. Peel and take all the pith off the orange segments before shopping them roughly. Mix them with fennel and then with the sour cream.
- Season each sole fillet with salt and pepper, then roll them up like swiss roll using some sour cream mixture as "the jam".
- Wrap each fillet in buttered foil and stab a few holes in the parcel. Steam until cooked - about 10-15 minutes. The parcel will be firm when pressed.
- To serve, unwrap and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and some good olive oil. Serve with mashed potatoes, or a lentil stew.