Recipe by breezermom
This butter sauce is delicious over fresh English Peas. If you can't find fresh, frozen will do...cooked according to package directions;the ones in the steam-fresh bags work well, just eliminate the steaming step in the recipe! Prep time does not include the butter softening time.
Top Review by Annacia
This was a perfect side last evening with baked salmon and brown rice. The orange addition was inspired and because I was putting orange zest in the peas I topped the salmon with a *very* light skiff of butter and topped that with an orange slice and added basil to that about half way through baking. This little green pea recipe made dinner last night!. :D
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 44.37 ml whipped butter, softened
- 4.92 ml orange rind, grated
- 946.36 ml English peas, fresh (see intro for frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until blended. Set aside.
- Arrange the fresh peas in a vegetable steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until the peas are tender. (If using frozen peas, follow package directions!). Remove the peas from the steamer and spread the butter over the peas. Let it melt evenly and stir. Serve immediately.