Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe from a local maid, a friend, who had learnt from her Japanese boss, simply steamed the eggplant , add vinegar, soya sauce and sugar. A very simple dish.
- 3 small eggplants or 1 large eggplant, cut in chunks, place on the steamer, add vinegar sauce(sugar to add into vinegar).
- Steam the eggplant till soft (about 20 minutes).
- Stir fry the marinated minced chicken, once cooked, pour over onto the steamed eggplant.
- Steamed another 10 minutes to have the juices from the chicken to dissolve into the eggplant.
- When ready, sprinkle spring onion and sliced chilli.
- Serve with other dishes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tasted like I marinated eggplants in vinegar. Might have been my fault, though, as I assumed the "3 eggplants" referred to the smaller Japanese ones-- so I used 1 large "regular" eggplant instead, and I ended up with too much liquid.
Wonderful Asian taste. Easy to make. I used almost thawed chicken breast and sliced it very thin. It was still good heated over for lunch.