Recipe by melting pot
Classic and simple.
Top Review by fish72
Interesting recipe. Thank you Melting Pot.
The eggplants came quite raw to my taste, So I've put them into a heated oven for 10 minutes to give them the crisp I like.
I also think this sauce would be great for chicken in oven recipe after marinading the chicken in it for a while.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured vinegar (try rice vinegar or white vinegar)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 eggplant (about 500g)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Slice eggplant into thin slices and place on a heatproof plate. Place plate in a steamer, cover with lid and steam for 15 minutes.
- Pour over sauce and steam for another 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with 1 finely sliced small red chilli and 1 small handful chopped coriander.