Prep 25 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is a basic for most Asian countries...I've added a little kick...
- 5 Chinese sausage (chopped)
- 4 large green onions (minced)
- 2 large daikon radishes (peeled, minced)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dried shrimp
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups rice flour
- 2 cups water
- canola oil (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese chili paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Saute sausages until crisp and rendered. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add the onions, daikon, water, shrimp, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk together the rice flour and water.
- Oil 2 (9 inch) cake pans.
- Stir flour mix into sausage mix.
- Place in pans. Steam 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Cover. Chill 24 hours.
- Dab off excess water if there is any.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet.
- Slice pudding into wedges.
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Combine the soy sauce, chile paste and oyster sauce.
- Serve wedges hot with sauce.