Recipe by LynnL
Actually this is not y recipe it is my husbands and he really wanted me to share it with all of you I hope you enjoy
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh cranberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour into a well greased and floured 6 Cup heatproof mold.
- Cover tightly with double layer of foil.
- Place on a rack in a deep kettle.
- Fill kettle with boiling water to a depth of 1in. ; cover kettle and boil gently.
- Replace water as needed.
- Steam about 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let pudding cool 30 minutes before slicing.
- For hard sauce, combine sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve pudding and sauce warm.