Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yep, another healthy & natural made up recipe of mine - actually, this was the kind of bread my mom used to eat when she was little, so it's technically not 'made up' but I've just changed the ingredients a bit to make it healthier.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add half of the water and continue mixing.
- Gradually add the remaining half until the ingredients forms a slightly sticky dough(NOTE: since corn flour doesn't have gluten, the dough is not as well formed compared to using 100% wheat, so you can expect it to not stick together and will see separate pieces).
- Shape the dough into 8 individual balls and flatten them out into round patties approximately 1-2 cms thick.
- Put them in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium when you can see the steam coming out, and continue steaming for another 10 minutes.
- Remove immediately from steamer after they're done since they tend to be sticky at the bottom.