Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Steamed Clams With Thai Basil and Chiles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced serrano chilies
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs littleneck clams, in shells scrubbed
- 1 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute or until golden.
- Add chile; sauté 10 seconds. Stir in wine and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Bring to a boil.
- Add clams; cover and cook 7 minutes or until shells open. Add basil; cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Discard any unopened shells. Remove clams from pan with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce.