Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 dozen clams, scrubbed
- 4 ounces dry sherry
- 4 ounces bottled clam juice
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- sourdough bread
- Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shallot and herbs and saute 2 minutes.
- Add clams, dry Sherry and bottled clam juice.
- Cover and cook until clams open, about 5 minutes- discard any clams that do not open.
- Add butter to saucepan and stir until melted.
- Using tongs, divide clams among 4 soup bowls.
- Ladle broth over the clams and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with bread.
Easy, excellent recipe! The herbs are fantastic with the sherry. I also used about one tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Will definitely make this again.