Recipe by lazyme
A simple and tasty way to prepare clams or mussels from the Wildwood Restaurant & Bar Portland, OR. Have lots of bread handy to soak up the delicious broth.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 lbs clams, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- sourdough bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar and saffron in large pot.
- Stir over medium-low heat until saffron begins to release its color, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, shallots, garlic, then both oils.
- Add clams to mixture.
- Cover and cook over high heat until clams open, about 8 minutes; discard any clams that do not open.
- Using tongs, divide clams among 4 bowls.
- Mix parsley leaves into cooking liquid.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Ladle cooking liquid over clams and serve with toast.