1/1 Photo of Steamed Clams With Chorizo and Tomatoes
For the Clam and Chorizo lovers, this is a easy dish, full of flavor. I made it a few years back and let me say, using some crusty bread to soak up this sauce is a must! Make it a Romantic dish or serve to your party guests. It is sure to please! I got this recipe from a 2006 Canadian Living magazine, and I forgot all about it, until I went through my cookbooks. This can be served as a appetizer as well. Please enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chorizo sausage (cut lengthwise and thinly sliced )
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 4 lbs clams (scrubbed)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1In a dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2fry chorizo, onion, garlic, salt and pepper stirring until onion are golden.
- 3stir in tomatoes and vinegar.
- 4cook over medium heat until tomatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- 5add clams, cover and bring to a boil.
- 6cook just until clams open wide (8 to 10 minutes).
- 7discard any clams that do not open.
- 8Remove from heat, stir in basil and serve.
- 9served with crusty bread to sop up sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Clams With Chorizo and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.4
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.1 mg
- Sodium 3939.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 89.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar