Recipe by love4culinary
Easy and Delicious.
Top Review by Tamingtheshrew
The guy I am dating is a seafood junkie. When we go out to dinner, we always order the mussle appitizer and share it. So the other night I made this for dinner as our appitizer. Was he impressed! This was even better than our usual. I took one reviewers suggestion and did use clam stock instead of veggie broth. I've tried a few others test but this will be our keeper. thx so much for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 lbs fresh clams or 4 lbs mussels
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, enough to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, heat your oil very hot.
- Add the garlic and saute quickly for 1 minute.
- Add chopped basil, wine, broth, butter and bring to a boil.
- Then add clams or mussels, cover with a lid, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir well.
- Replace lid and continue cooking til open.
- With slotted spoon, remove clams/mussels and distribute them into 4 pasta bowls.
- Season broth with salt and pepper, and pour hot broth over clams/mussels.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm.