Recipe by Rita~
I couldn't find good fresh littleneck clams so the fish monger told me about these Northern Chef Clams. They are great! Farm Raised Clams on the half-Shell Pre-cooked-Quick frozen. They are all cleaned and purged to eliminate any sand. And processed over strict specifications. A Tai Foong Usa Inc product. And so very cheap! There's 24 clams in a package for $2.00. They are frozen so this can be kept in the freezer and whipped up for unexpected company! Servings are 2-6 depending on if you're making an appetizer or a meal.
Top Review by Lorac
Excellent! Finding fresh clams in Phoenix requires a separate trip to a specialty store. I'll be making many trips for this dish. I made this as directed except for using 2 pounds of clams (1 for DH and 1 for me)! I served this over linguini and we mopped up every bit of sauce with crusty bread.
- 1 (1 lb) packageof pre-cooked-quick frozen clam
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small shallots, very finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan heat butter and oil.
- Saute shallots 2 minutes add garlic give a couple stirs then add white wine simmer 5 minutes or till reduced in half.
- Add can diced tomatoes.
- Add seasonings and bring to boil.
- Add frozen clams just to heat.
- Place on a platter and drizzle olive oil over clams.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with a nice fresh crusty bread.
- Or toss clams into cooked pasta for a meal.