Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great clam dish. Make sure that you have lots of French bread to soak up the juices.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 907.18 g littleneck clams, scrubbed (2 inches wide)
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro
- Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, and salt in oil in a 4- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in wine and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and chorizo, then boil, covered, until clams open, 7 to 8 minutes.
- (Discard any clams that are not open after 9 minutes.)
- Season with pepper and stir in cilantro.