- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 lbs littleneck clams, scrubbed (2 inches wide)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, and salt in oil in a 4- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in wine and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and chorizo, then boil, covered, until clams open, 7 to 8 minutes.
- (Discard any clams that are not open after 9 minutes.)
- Season with pepper and stir in cilantro.