Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a collection of recipes I've been keeping in a beat-up spiral notebook. Source unknown.
Make and share this Steamed Clams in Onion Broth recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the onions in the butter until soft.
- Stir in water and parsley.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams.
- Cover and steam them until shells open, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the clams to a serving bowls.
- Strain the broth from the pot through an unbleached coffee filter into 6 individual bowls.
- Serve the broth for dipping the clams.