1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Simple & tasty, using ingredients you probably have on hand. Prep time includes time to soak & clean clams.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean clams by sprinkling with corn meal, covering with cold (iced) water, and letting sit for 1-1 1/2 hours. Drain, scrub, and rinse before cooking.
- 2Combine all ingredients, except clams, in a large pot.
- 3Bring to slow boil over medium heat.
- 4Add clams, turn up heat to medium-high, and cover.
- 5Cook for 5-6 minutes, until shells are wide open.
- 6Discard any clams that do not open with the others, this means they are bad.
- 7Serve with broth (either poured over clams in a large bowl or for dipping in smaller bow(s). (strain through cheesecloth, if desired, to remove any remaining grit.).
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Clams in a Beer, Lemon and Garlic Broth
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 1418.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning