1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Simple & tasty, using ingredients you probably have on hand. Prep time includes time to soak & clean clams.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean clams by sprinkling with corn meal, covering with cold (iced) water, and letting sit for 1-1 1/2 hours. Drain, scrub, and rinse before cooking.
- 2Combine all ingredients, except clams, in a large pot.
- 3Bring to slow boil over medium heat.
- 4Add clams, turn up heat to medium-high, and cover.
- 5Cook for 5-6 minutes, until shells are wide open.
- 6Discard any clams that do not open with the others, this means they are bad.
- 7Serve with broth (either poured over clams in a large bowl or for dipping in smaller bow(s). (strain through cheesecloth, if desired, to remove any remaining grit.).
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Clams in a Beer, Lemon and Garlic Broth
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 1418.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning