Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
My family are displaced East Coast Northerners, living in the land locked South. The only huge complaint being no beach and no fresh clams. I was raised eating this version of steamed clams. Now, even my 4 year old and 2 year old love these clams. They beg for them when we see them at the supermarket (which is rare). I get strange looks from the guy behind the counter when I stand there and check the clams for liveness (tapping, thumping, etc). I hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
- Clean the clams under cold water, ensure that they are live (solid sound when thumped with clam knife).
- Open and shuck the clam, returning it to half of the shell, arranged around the edge of a microwave safe plate.
- Put one pat of butter on the clam and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Microwave until the butter just melts (20-25 seconds.
- Serve, enjoy the juice, too!