Recipe by RedVinoGirl
This is a recipe from Cooking Light. I haven't tried it yet but the ingredients sound wonderful. Add some crusty bread and a glass of vino and you're all set!
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skilled over medium-high heat.
- Add tomato, garlic, and pepper to pan; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and juice; bring to a boil.
- Add clams. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
- Remove clams from pan with slotted spoon; add butter to pan, stirring until butter melts.
- Place 1 cup pasta in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 6 clams, 1/2 cup broth, and 1 teaspoon parsley.