Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
- cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 fresh clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup clam juice or 1 cup water
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti, warm
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat over mediium until hot. Saute onion and garlic 3-4 minutes; add parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Add clams and clam juice; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Spoon spaghetti into shallow bowls. Arrange clams on spaghetti; pour broth over. Sprinkle with cheese.