Recipe by Gingerbee
Who doesn't like chocolate? No one I know..This is a really easy, special holiday treat that everyone loves.
Top Review by Babyoil
Gingerbee, this was very good! DH and I especially loved the Hard Sauce. One piece was enough for me after dinner, DH found room to eat two. Thanks for posting this. We found it difficult to locate a good steamed pudding recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup butter, soft
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups 35% cream
- 1⁄2 ounce rum or 1⁄2 ounce cognac
Directions See How It's Made
- hard Sauce: Chill and serve on top of steamy pudding.
- Cream butter with sugar and egg.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Add melted chocolate.
- Pour into greased pudding mold.
- Steam in simmering water for 2 1/2 hours.
- This can be done by filling a large casserole with water, enough to go 1/2 height of the mold.