Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Homestyle chocolate pudding cake. Could be served with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Thickly butter 8 ovenproof ramekins, coffee cups, or custard cups.
- Whip the eggs in a mixer fitted with a whish attachment (or use a hand mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and mix until combined.
- Add milk, butter, vanilla, and chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Cover each cup with foil.
- Arrange cups in a hot-water bath and bake until firm on top, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove cups from the water and remove foil.
- Serve warm.